This morning we had snow. Not a lot of accumulation, but blustery. Walking Victor was an exercise in snow down the back of my sweat jacket in one direction and a calm winter storm (if any storm can be called calm) in the other. I got to work and unfortunately was not as healthy as I thought I was. I'm only not in bed, because Mr. Victor needs his ear meds and dinner, which normally happen closer to 7:30.
Saturday, Sunday and Monday were all in the 70s and 80s. Given I've had a lot of outdoor time lately, here are the 10 things I like to do outside.
1. Walk. Usually it is walking Victor, but with a little one I normally walk Victor while carrying Q. Of course, yesterday I decided to leave Q in the stroller, so he napped a bit while Victor and I visited all of the trees.
2. Eat ice cream. I haven't really found an ice cream shop within walking distance, but in Massachusetts we would walk to Dairy Freeze and get a scoop if we were doing a long walk. It is important to balance the benefits of walking after all.
3. Run. I haven't run in months (and months. I might have run out of fingers and toes for the months at this point), but I enjoy running, training for half marathons and 5Ks mostly.
4. Garden. I'm desperately bad at it. Now I have a brighter yard with fewer trees and a longer growing season, so I am trying again with spinach, broccoli, tomatoes and pumpkins. Oh, and a few onion sets to try and ward off the vermin who think my produce is their produce.
5. Knit. I still do it. It almost never happens outside, but I enjoy it no matter where it happens.
6. Farmer's markets. I haven't been to any of the markets in Lexington, but it is on the list of things to do.
7. Can I lie and say I love to drive? I don't really. I am still learning, so I mostly love what driving represents. Today it might have represented going home earlier (though probably not, because there is still only one car for our household), and in the future it represents trips to things like Squam, family visits and even the daily trek to work. Oh, and going through the drive through at Starbucks. Hey, carrots and sticks, carrots and sticks!
8. Grilling. I love the idea of eating outside or at least cooking outside when the weather is nice. We have a second hand grill that needs replacement parts before we can enjoy that.
9. Swimming. Growing up that meant the ocean. Here it will almost certainly mean pools.
10. Trips to the park. We went over the weekend and Q got to have his first time in the swings, going gently back and forth. It was a long trip walking, but we had a bit of a picnic lunch and Q had a lot of firsts. I had one of my firsts as well. First sunburn of the season.