Today's 10 for Tuesday is 10 things on your mind, and I've been full of thoughts that are just not so great for blogging, which has greatly lowered my participation in 10 for Tuesday and, well, in blogging in general.
Let's at least start with the lighter ones and see if I can work my way up to any of the harder ones, eh?
1. Knitted gifts. I've sort of come to the conclusion that I have too many items I want to make and that includes items for Loopy's Quarterly challenge, gifts, projects I started more than 3 years ago, and well, everything in between. I am multicraftual for lack of a better word and many of my other crafts are even slower than knitting. Time is at a premium.
2. Paying off school. I finally paid off college debt, which means I can finally consider getting my transcript to finish my degree somewhere else. In college (back in the 90s), I was studying biochemistry, but I wasn't truly interested in research. Now I would most likely go back for computer science.
3. If I didn't decide on culinary school instead and turn my husband into the biggest sphere ever from bringing home pastries after every class. Yeah, culinary school just for sweets.
4. Because I would love to open an ice cream shop someday. Right now my husband benefits the most from things like my whoopie pie ice cream, but I could share it out a bit more than that. Of course, I still have some failures. The taro ice cream I made this year was just bad. Too thick and hard to scoop, but that just means that I need to try again.
5. Thanksgiving. This is my favorite holiday as a food-cooking individual. I don't know what we're going yet, though I'm pretty sure that we are going to enjoy time with my relatives. I will probably make mashed potatoes. It's a food that I appear to like too much. Though going to Maine for Thanksgiving will put a serious crimp into my ability to make more desserts than there are people (no seriously, I have had Thanksgiving days where there were more desserts than people, and not because it was just my husband and I).
6. The Election. Results are going to be coming in today, and my stomach is churning unhappily just thinking about it. I believe it matters who we elect, but the differences of opinion are extreme between the two sides. Our news system is so polarized that there are plenty of people who never even see a differing view, because they are looking at either conservative-biased media or liberal-biased media (like Huffington Post). I don't think that the election is going to convince hardly anyone on the losing side that maybe there was something honestly bad about their candidate that made them unfit for office. Instead, those people (on either side no matter who wins) will either blame people for being stupid or ignore any responsibility the political campaign and process had on the election.
Umm, yeah, soapbox over.
7. Work. I might have an opportunity to increase my work responsibility, which could be a great thing. However, like a Facebook status, it's complicated. Meanwhile, I apparently have managed to have due to a combination of factors way more time off in a single month than I'm truly comfortable with, but some of that is needed vacation time!
8. Like my staycation next week. I'd love to say that we're going to do fun things on our staycation, but truthfully we got home from work tonight and the first thing I noticed was the leaves in the front yard. You would never know by looking at them that any raking was done on Sunday despite the more than 20 bags in the front yard. Part of me wishes that we had decided against our huge yard with all of the overhanging trees, because raking takes forever!
9. Perfecting the Chicago-style stuffed pizza for my husband's birthday. I need to make another attempt, because while the crust was pretty good I need a better balance of filling and to make the pizza in a bigger cake pan to make the crust more in proportion. The last go round involved a pizza that was a little too bready in the corner.
10. Umm, baby knits? I have friends and relatives who are expecting and I haven't even started thinking about what to make. Well, that's not completely true. I want to make a baby cardigan possibly for one, but I didn't see an appropriate pattern on Ravelry, so I need to design my own. I'm not really confident of my ability to do that despite knitting for so long.
And those are the things that I am comfortable mentioning in the blog. There are a ton of other things that have been going on some good and some bad that have kept me away from the blog, but here is hoping that things even out soon. I've felt weird for weeks.
Now to pinball and my honey cowl.
(And expect a picture of leaves eventually in this space if I can get the camera in the morning when there is light.)