Today's topic is 10 items pinned to your bulletin board. Now, I'm going to have to go with pinning, aka Pinterest for this one, because I don't have a bulletin board at home and the one at work, well, it is covered with work. I don't think you need my account numbers or procedures for things, and I wouldn't ever post those anyway. Just isn't going to happen.
I'm on Pinterest as qarylla (but probably also findable via my first name), and most of what I pin is food. I have boards for holidays (mostly full of food), boards for sweets, boards for dinner items, and boards for alcoholic drinks that I will probably never try.
Since sometime last year (I cannot find anything on Pinterest that gives you an idea of when you started pinning, boo!), I have been adding things in fits and spurts. So, here are 10 items from my Pinterest boards.
1. (Gluten Free) Ice Cream Cake (pin | original site). This might be the most popular repin on my boards. I pinned it when I got tired of searching for it to find it. The original recipe isn't gluten free, but it involves a cake mix so I tried it with a gf cake mix and a dairy free ice cream and it was pretty awesome. Very moist!
2. Pomegranate Vanilla Sangria (pin | original site). I made this for hanging out at game a number of months ago, and just finally threw out the fruit in the past couple of weeks (it still looked and smelled good, but was way past my comfort date). I love pretty much anything with pomegranate in it.
4. Pineapple Upside Down Cake (pin | original site). I have made this cake from Smitten Kitchen at least twice this year. While I know some people have problems with her recipes (or recipes that she has modified from an original) based on the comments, I've never had any issues. This one was as delicious as I have come to expect. And well, dark rum!
5. Glitter Shoes (pin | original site). I made a pair of similar shoes a month or two ago, and while it was a fun process there are definite flaws in using the cheapest shoes from Payless to attach copious amounts of glitter paint to. Of course, I might walk around occasionally dropping a piece of glitter from my feet, but I still wear them and enjoy them.
6. Rolo Caramel Fudge Brownies (pin | original site). I made these and they were a huge hit. Super addictive and now that I'm cutting out sugar (to curb my sweets addiction) I won't be making these again for a while!
10. The Tokyo Subway Map Quilt (pin | original site). This quilt has started my quilt dreams. Now, like many of my dreams I haven't done anything with it yet (except buy some fabric). I fully expect that I won't get around to quilting until a few more of my craft ideas have run their course. Oh, and I have created a better set up for sewing or have decided to sew my quilts by hand...
My boards also have knitting, a lot of things from Craft Magazine, art, story boards for a sweater coat, etc. I know that Pinterest has its own problems, but I do enjoy it.