1. My attempts to exercise every day are still going strong. There are a few days especially earlier on that were just walking, but I am in the process of pre-training for the half marathon. That involves becoming comfortable with 30-40 minutes of running at a time with a total weekly mileage of 10-13 miles. Last week's mileage was 7, and this week so far is only 3 (I forgot my running sneakers this morning, so I will need to remember them so I can run at the gym if it is cold).
I am adding more activities. Last week I tried Tabata and felt like I was going to DIE! It was hard, especially for my out of shape self. Last night I tried Forrest Yoga, which was awesome. I know the instructor modified the class a bit to account for all of the newcomers and people with injuries, but I loved seeing that. I've had too many instructors that give as an accommodation going into Downward Dog or Child's Pose. Don't get me wrong, sometimes that works. But if you have shoulder or arm injuries, Downward Dog is not necessarily your friend.
2. I started adding in the eat healthier thing last week and it is working. I'm down almost 5 pounds. I know that my weight loss will not stay at this level, and I'm OK with that. I'd be happy to lose 12 pounds in 2 months. For me, eating healthy is restricting my sweets to one or two small pieces a day. No more bags of peanut butter m&ms for me!
3. I've been knitting up a storm, but the problem with working on 4 projects concurrently is that nothing is really moving along very fast. I'm still doing Chore Wars, which helps keep me working on some of the less interesting projects (though I need to dig out my login information, because I haven't entered anything since last Friday).
4. I have a pair of cookie ideas that I think are hilarious. I need to test them, but if they come out well then it will be cookie time (one cookie a day forever)!
5. Related to #4, I've been reading a lot of the political crap coming out from the Komen kerfuffle. It is amazing to me what is happening. I've done a breast cancer 3-day a number of years ago, so I understand what goes into it. However, if this nightmare had come out while I was training for that walk, I'm not sure I would have continued the walk.
6. The Order of the Stick reprint drive is on its way to 1000% funding. He's added coloring books, stickers, magnets, notepads and PDF free stories (for anyone over a certain $ value). One of the comments on the post actually spells out what all of the freebies are and at what $ values they are awarded at. I'd link directly, but the Kickstarter site doesn't allow for that.
7. My next (modern) character is going to be from Cockermouth, Cumbria. Just saying.