This week's Ten for Tuesday is all about things to do when it is too cold to go outside.
So, I was outside yesterday. I went running with one of my friends. I was wearing long johns, a short sleeve tee, a tech tee, a hoodie, a cowl, gloves, mittens, and underarmor pants. I was bundled to the nines. The only part of my body that didn't have multiple layers were my feet in their running sneakers and socks.
So, what would I rather have done?
1. Play video games. We've been doing Fortune Street. It's a lot of fun, but the computer cheats. Standard video game fare.
2. Make old fashioned hot chocolate. While I want to make these, normally I make my hot chocolate with about a cup of milk, 2 tablespoons of the best cocoa in the house mixed with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Whisked and heated on the stove. Sometimes I add cinnamon or other spices. Yum!
3. Baking. While everyone needs to eat, almost everybody I know loves to eat cookies or cake more than they want to eat a bologna sandwich (and I'm a vegetarian, so I really would rather eat a cookie than a bologna sandwich).
4. Watch any sports or show where people are doing things in the cold when I am warm like HOCKEY (photos are from the Frozen Fenway... it might have been 50 degrees that day, but it feels cold when you are just sitting there). It is like schadenfreude with blood on the ice.
5. The treadmill. I know when it is cold that it is very easy to just stay on my butt all day, but really even a walk on the treadmill makes my body feel less like sludge.
6. Read a book. Cold days are perfect for snuggling under the best blankets and reading a trashy novel. I currently have a couple of books out from the library.
7. Surf the internet. I cannot really spend that much time on the computer/TV/etc., because I start to feel nauseous. Unfortunately word games on the internet are my downfall. I will spend a ridiculous amount of time on Words Play.
8. Knit. This is sort of, well, duh. I love to knit, but when I am inside during the weekend I spend most of my time either on the computer or in the kitchen. I really should use the slow cooker on the weekend, so I will have longer stretches of time for knitting.
9. Nap. Yup, the best thing to do is nap. Everybody should nap!
10. Snack. I know I shouldn't, but when it is cold I want to eat crackers (Wheat Thins are my personal crack). I love them, especially the cinnamon Wheat Thins. Maybe I'll go and get a snack right now.
And because hockey is cool. More pictures!
I think the mascots had the warmest clothes at the rink!