Today's 10 for Tuesday is the inevitable to do list. No one has nothing to do. I don't think my list is bigger than anyone else, though I'll admit that it feels overwhelming at times.
1. Painting. Well, really painting is over for the downstairs. Now we have to clean up and reset up the rooms. The drop cloth use was less than stellar in the guest room, so we have a lot of paint to clean up. Goof off was used on the dining room floor yesterday and hopefully will work even more magic on the guest room.
2. The tree. We haven't decorated for the holidays yet. The tree and the ornaments are downstairs waiting to come upstairs and be set up in the window nook.
3. Sweets. I have a baking week ahead. I need to take out a couple of pounds of butter for the best time of the year! I am going to make gingerbread for the party and some candies and other tasty things. I'm also sending cookies to relatives (you know who you are) and I need to make them this weekend, so they'll be as fresh as possible. The list includes cuccidatti! Ignore the 400 cookies it makes. I promise they will be eaten.
4. Cleaning. Having a party means an extra round of cleaning a day or two before the event to make it easier for our friends who are allergic to the animals. I cannot make it perfect, but every little bit of cleaning helps.
5. I still have gift knitting to do. I really want to finish it and there are only 2 weeks (well, unless I'm giving something to my mom - we traditionally send those gifts a bit later. I'm so grateful for that).
6. Christmas shopping. I'm not one of the last minute people shopping on Christmas Eve, but I have put it off pretty late this year.
7. It's not really a to do, but I have Living with the Dead out from the library (and hopefully will get Personal Demon soon - yeah, interlibrary loan).
8. Actually make dinner. We have had takeout pizza far too often in the past week. I have wanted to make this peanut soup for a couple of weeks now and have all of the ingredients.
9. Treadmill time. I've been so busy in the last couple of weeks that the treadmill has sat unloved. It calls to me and says don't eat all the cookies!
10. Monkeys. Yeah, I have nothing. I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Hopefully my lovely husband will let me know what I've forgotten before it is too late!
I think could have made this list shorter. Cook, clean, knit, run. Do I need to do anything else?