I finished a pair of socks last week, and it took me forever to block them and weave in the last end. Sometimes I start projects with dedication and focus and then something happens and I fall off the train into la la land. That's what happened with these. They should have been done more than a month ago easily, but I just lost my focus.
Of course, I'm working on a sweater now for the Loopy Ewe mini-challenge, and I'm keeping my nose to the grindstone much better on this one. I'm making the shirred top from Garnstudio. I'm almost to the divide for the armholes in 11 days (according to my project notes in Ravelry), but every time I work on it I notice my very red tipped knitting needles.
The yarn I'm using - Dream in Color Smooshy/Starry in the Poma-Grenade color - is definitely leaking dye all over my hands and needles. It isn't bad, but I can see why it could be irritating. I have some Soak and a jug of vinegar. One way or another I will set the dye a bit more in the blocking process. Heck, I think I could finish this sweater this weekend if I didn't have the half marathon on Sunday and a Victor-training class more than a mile away from home (on foot) on Saturday. Maybe Monday will be free enough for me to finish to the blocking stage. It would be a wonderful feeling not having a project lingering forever!