The last couple of weeks have been a real bear for me. Work and life in general are pretty good, but I cannot sleep. I have no good idea why, but I am assuming it is the heat and humidity, a little bit of stress, and a bit of twitchy, twitchy legs.
Of course, this makes me tired and grumpy during the day, but potentially super productive in the mornings.
What I've done this morning:
- finished rereading Elvenbane;
- threw away some produce that had gone bad;
- cleaned counters, etc. in the kitchen;
- swept the floors of the kitchen and the living room;
- made cherry cheesecake ice cream (I chopped cherries last night before bed);
- made myself coffee (it's steeping right now);
- washed all of the dishes / loaded the dishwasher; and
- played Bejeweled on my really slow computer.
I've been up since 1 a.m. I already know I'm not going to the gym, because by the time I get to Boston I will be hard pressed to put one foot in front of the other much less downward dog and pigeon.
Oh, and completely unrelated: I apparently have magic stupid powers and one of the veins near the surface of my leg burst last week. It looks pretty much the same as it did last Tuesday, so I will probably call the doctor and make sure there isn't anything more wrong than just my body taking its old sweet time to clear the apparent bruising from the site. Fun, fun, fun.