May 1st is around the corner, and ever since college that has meant May Day at Fenmere. Now, I haven't been active in the SCA for more than a decade a long time, but it is still a remembrance of the rites of spring. This week's 10 for Tuesday were things you were looking forward to in May.
1. Going through at least 5 pounds of flour. I have tons, but I also have a gazillion food tabs up on my computer. My current use flour recipes that I hope to make soon are:
That isn't close to the full list, but definitely an overview.
2. Finishing two sweaters. I have both a baby sweater and an adult cardigan on the needles, and I would like both of them done before Squam.
3. Selling our house. I am hoping it sells fast, but selling fast just changes one set of issues for another (though the second set of issues are easy to deal with in comparison).
4. Ultrasound. I had one just a couple of days ago, and I have a follow up in a couple of weeks. Seeing the ultrasound is really fascinating.
5. Seeing Iron Man 3. I'm not sure if it will have something funnier than shawarma, but maybe.
6. The Red Sox. My tickets are for May 24th (if I remember correctly), and it will be nice to see the game up close and personal.
7. Maintenance. It is a wonderful spot to be in. Two weeks ago we were cleaning and painting and busy all weekend long. Now we just have to maintain the cleanliness of the house and do small improvements.
8. More naps. Being in maintenance land means we can have more naps.
9. Stanley Cup playoffs. The long skate to the cup is about to start and that means more hockey on non-cable TV. Yeah!
10. Well, I've mentioned naps, and cleaning, and knitting and delicious food. Isn't that enough? No? Well, the nicer weather means I can enjoy walking outside. I'm hoping to get a couple of nice walks sans dog, because it is just nice to walk at my own pace and sans poo bags.